Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rex Lee Run for the Cure 10k

First off, I ran by myself so didn't get any pictures.  It was St. Patrick's Day, and I did wear a green bracelet but that was the extent of the green for me.  Start time was at 9:10 am, and there were roughly 300 10k runners.  I started in the middle of the pack, and that's where I finished.  As always, I messed up starting the stopwatch on my watch, so wasn't sure what my pace was as I was running.  I knew we started a bit after 9:10, and I knew I finished a bit before 10:10, so assumed I was under an hour.  The time clock at the finish line disagreed with me.  It stated it was 1 hour 3 minutes.  The race finished with a lap on the track at BYU.  It was fun to finish there.  I was happy to see the official time posted today at 54 minutes 36 seconds.  That's 5 minutes quicker than my last 10k.
The weather was windy and cold, but no rain like I was fearing.  There was a stretch from the MTC down to center street that was down hill but very windy.  I don't like running against a strong wind (small breezes are nice).  I was afraid this would slow me down quite a bit, but didn't seem to be the case.
I'm glad I ran it.  Hope to do it again next year.  It was a well organized race.

No comments: